Seattle University School of Law is proud to host the Western Regional Legal Writing Conference on August 25 and 26, 2017.
The theme of this year's conference is Connections. This broad theme includes topics such as the following:
- connecting your legal writing classes with students' other foundational courses;
- connecting and collaborating with other faculty to improve your students' ability to transfer what they have learned to clinics, externships, and jobs;
- connecting legal writing classwork with clinics or external nonprofits;
- connecting with alumni and practitioners;
- connecting with other legal scholars; and
- connecting with others to help improve legal writing faculty status.
We are excited to announce that our keynote speaker is Washington State Deputy Solicitor General Anne Egeler '90. Ms. Egeler was an instrumental member of the team that worked on the Washington v. Trump et al. case. She will give us an insider's view of that litigation including her work on the appellate briefing in that case.
For questions or additional information, please contact Professor Janet Dickson at firstname.lastname@example.org.